Monday, September 15, 2014

Back Home

Back home from the hospital as Sandi had an appointment with her endocrinologist today. While better than she was, Sandi is still nowhere near where she needs to be numbers wise not just for her health but the long delayed Pet Scan.The overall trend of her blood sugar numbers lowering seems to have basically leveled out as we thought. So, the insulin dosage is being raised a little more, but Sandi is having weigh gain and other issues related to the insulin.

Under consideration is the idea of adding some new medications to the mix in the hopes of lowering her numbers. However, that is being delayed for now as Sandi has an IVIG infusion Friday and a ton of blood work as the cancer docs plan on doing the tests to see if the IVIG is working. There were concerns that adding new drugs to her cocktail could throw off those results.

So, for now, she keeps doing what she is doing and fingers crossed that the downward numbers trend will start again.

5 comments:

Maureen Harrington said...

My best to you and Sandi. I'd hoped her numbers would be better. I know from Steve's experience that waiting until after the infusion, and I think some forgotten period of time afterward, made better results possible for him. He remains well as we both hope that will be for Sandi.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you, Reine. I fell today at the hospital and my first thought --once I realized I had not broken anything--was of you. Hope you are doing better.

Maureen Harrington said...

Thanks, Kevin. I am. I can gain a certain amount of strength back in muscles that are still there, but I have to face that only carries me so far.

Maureen Harrington said...

Hope you are taking care of your injuries and will be back to normal very soon. I am always shocked when I fall!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Gravity is evil.