Sunday, March 01, 2015

Jack Hardway's Crime Magazine Update--- March-April Jack Hardway's Crime Magazine Live

As posted elsewhere earlier today....

I made myself a promise when I undertook this project. Actually two promises. One was that I'd give the mag at least four issues to see if it was doable with my other commitments. So far, it seems to be. Second, I swore that every issue of Jack's mag would be on time: the March-April issue would be live on March 1, the May-June on May 1, etc. In keeping with that . . .
http://www.jackhardway.com

The March-April issue of Jack Hardway's Crime Magazine
STORIES
A Brush with Death, by Nancy Sweetland
Little J Checks in, by Wenda Morrone
Jackpot, by Eve Fisher
Unreal Dreams, by CL Pauwels
Liquor Store Holdup, by KM Rockwood
Retrospective, by Jack Hardway

FULL-LENGTH PULP NOVEL
The Big Caper, by Lionel White

AUDIO
Murder and Aunt Delia . . . a "clue in plain sight" type mystery from the Suspense! radio series

VIDEO
D.O.A.,  from the National Film Registry

My sincere thanks to everyone who contributed stories. I'm extremely proud to present them.

Things planned and hoped for down the line are a reader mail page and an archive of previously published work.  Audio versions of all the stories in an issue has proven to be unmanageable for the time being.

I've been asked what the reason is for the music buttons on the pages. The music is made up of production (background) tracks from mid-century crime movies and TV shows, some of which more venerable visitors might recognize.

No comments: