Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Sandi Home

After an afternoon of delays, Sandi came home late yesterday evening as dusk was settling in across North Texas. She got here, looked around a little bit, and went to bed.

Sometime later this morning the home health care nurse and other support personnel will show up with her antibiotics for the next ten days. Beyond being refrigerated, I have been told several different ways I m supposed to administer this stuff for her. The only agreement in the various scenarios is that I will be doing this through the trifusion port. Our understanding is that a nurse will be back a week from today to change the dressing and pull blood for labs. This home treatment deal is supposed to run at least ten days.

That will also be done Thursday as sometime today the folks at Texas Oncology will call to set up an appointment for her to do that and see the doc.

2 comments:

BPL Ref said...

I'm sure she is happy to be home, daunting though parts of it may be. I hope all goes well. I know you are exhausted.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I am.